Key Points From This Episode:
Welcome back to a new episode of the Book Launch Show. This week on the podcast, we are once more joined by Valerie Francis. Valerie is an editor and a writer and in this series we help her through the journey to figuring out her marketing strategy and how to build her platform as an author. Inside this episode, we start wading into everything that Valerie has done and is doing for outreach and promotion. What you see is a common mistake, that a lot of authors makes, of doing lots of random and unfocused things which are yielding random and unfocused results. We discuss all this in today’s episode and start making some tough decisions about what to spend time on and where Valerie should be putting her efforts. So for all of you authors and authors to be who have dealt with the challenges of finding your focus, this is the episode for you. So stay tuned to hear it all!
- Discussing through Valerie’s homework from last week.
- Valerie’s strategy for eliminating her alternate pen name.
- Understanding why procrastination sets in and how to get passed it.
- The concept of the short feedback loop and its benefits for learning.
- Redirecting and streamlining your online presence.
- Valerie’s previous marketing efforts for her woman’s fiction.
- The difference between woman’s fiction and romance.
- What it means to have a leaky bucket in your marketing system.
- Importance of knowing your numbers to understand which strategies are successful.
Links Mentioned in Today’s Episode:
Tim Grahl — https://booklaunch.com/
Tim on Twitter — https://twitter.com/timgrahl
Valerie Francis — https://valeriefrancis.ca/
Valerie on Twitter — https://twitter.com/valerie_francis
The Story Grid Editor Roundtable Podcast — https://valeriefrancis.ca/podcast/
Running Down a Dream — https://www.amazon.com/Running-Down-Dream-Winning-Creative/dp/1936891557
December 13, 2018