This week on the Book Launch Show, we are continuing our conversation with Valerie Francis. Valerie is an editor and a writer who is on a journey to figuring out her marketing strategy and how to build her platform as an author. Inside this episode we start looking at her platform and her marketing in much more detail and we apply the connection system to what she’s doing. The connection system is a way of looking at building a platform and marketing your books that I came up with and put my first book, Your First 1,000 Copies. So we used that as a lens to look at what she’s been doing and the kind of activity she’s been putting into marketing herself and her platform. For all this and more, stay tuned to today’s episode!
Key Points From This Episode:
- Reviewing Valerie’s marketing activities to date.
- Defining the categories; outreach, content, and permission.
- Categorizing your audience into digital versus physical books.
- Understanding the benefits and uses of a pen name.
- The proper strategy for effective cross-promotion.
- Why each author needs to find a personalized marketing strategy.
- Finding focus in your promotion strategy when you have multiple products.
- Identifying active and past promotion/marketing activities.
Links Mentioned in Today’s Episode:
Tim Grahl — https://booklaunch.com/
Tim on Twitter — https://twitter.com/timgrahl
Valerie Francis — https://valeriefrancis.ca/
Valerie on Twitter — https://twitter.com/valerie_francis
The Story Grid Editor Roundtable Podcast — https://valeriefrancis.ca/podcast/
Your First 1,000 Copies — https://www.amazon.com/Your-First-Copies-Step-Step/dp/061579679
The Write Mind blog — https://valeriefrancis.ca/blog-3/
Seth Godin — https://www.sethgodin.com/
Robin St. Croix — http://www.robinstcroix.com/
December 4, 2018