Welcome back to the Book Launch Show. This week we are joined once again by Valerie Francis as we continue to work on her platform and her marketing strategy. Valerie is a best-selling indie author, story editor, and creative entrepreneur. She’s running into a problem that a lot of us run into, which is that we simply have a lot going on and we can’t just be summed up into one project. So few of us only do one thing and only want to accomplish one thing. But yet, when it comes to marketing it can be really hard to do marketing correctly if you are talking about all the different things that you do. It is a really important conversation that we have in today’s episode, and a lot of you will resonate with it when you start thinking through trying to narrow down what it is you are trying to accomplish and what your main focus is. So for a great episode, stay tuned!
Key Points From This Episode:
- Reviewing Valerie’s homework from last week’s episode.
- How Valerie is prioritizing her marketing efforts.
- Why you need to be extremely focused in your marketing outreach.
- Identifying the audience that is aligned with your marketing strategy.
- To use a pen name or not to use a pen name?
- Importance of bringing simplicity into your marketing platform.
- Creating a time period commitment to focus on one marketing strategy.
- Defining and clarifying the “outreach” activity of marketing.
- Why outreach marketing get easier and more fun over time.
Links Mentioned in Today’s Episode:
Tim Grahl — https://booklaunch.com/
Tim on Twitter — https://twitter.com/timgrahl
Valerie Francis — https://valeriefrancis.ca/
Valerie on Twitter — https://twitter.com/valerie_francis
The Story Grid Editor Roundtable Podcast — https://valeriefrancis.ca/podcast/
Running Down a Dream — https://www.amazon.com/Running-Down-Dream-Winning-Creative/dp/1936891557
December 4, 2018