Hello and welcome back to another episode of The Book Launch Show, helping authors launch and market their books. Today we are joined once again by Valerie Francis, an editor and a writer who is on a journey to figuring out her marketing strategy and how to build her platform as an author. In this week’s episode we dive into the nitty gritty of what Valerie has done to promote her books over the last couple of years. One of the things that is most important as you start looking at switching up your marketing strategy is to look at what has actually worked in the past and applying that to your marketing efforts going forward. We also dive into some beginning steps for Valerie’s outreach, the benefits of using podcast interviews in your marketing strategy, and why you have to ensure that each marketing effort is aligned with your target audience. For a great episode filled with incredible strategy and ideas, keep listening to hear more!
Key Points From This Episode:
- Valerie’s homework of eliminating her pen name and gathering sales data.
- Update on Valerie’s data and activity stats from sales and events.
- Benefits of doing marketing outreach by being featured on podcasts.
- Importance of looking back on which marketing strategies were successful in the past.
- Strategy for getting connections to be interviewed on podcasts.
- How content works and plays a role in your marketing strategy.
- Why it is paramount that your marketing strategy is geared towards your target audience.
- Understanding the measurement bias in the workplace.
Links Mentioned in Today’s Episode:
Tim Grahl — https://booklaunch.com/
Tim on Twitter — https://twitter.com/timgrahl
Valerie Francis — https://valeriefrancis.ca/
Valerie on Twitter — https://twitter.com/valerie_francis
The Story Grid Editor Roundtable Podcast — https://valeriefrancis.ca/podcast/
Running Down a Dream — https://www.amazon.com/Running-Down-Dream-Winning-Creative/dp/1936891557
Writers On the Road — https://writerontheroad.com/
Mel Hammond — https://writerontheroad.com/about/
Joanna Penn — https://www.thecreativepenn.com/
Creative Freedom Course — https://creative-penn-courses.teachable.com/p/freedom
The Power of Habit — https://www.amazon.com/Power-Habit-What-Life-Business/dp/081298160X
Charles Duhigg — https://charlesduhigg.com/
Seth Godin — https://www.sethgodin.com/
December 18, 2018