Welcome back to another episode of the Book Launch Show. Starting this week, we are doing things a little differently here on the Show. If you’ve been following along, you may have noticed that the release of episodes has been sporadic at best. So we are going to try something different and this week we are joined by author, Valerie Francis. Valerie is an editor, writer, and somebody that’s trying to figure out her marketing and out how to build her platform. Inside this episode, I am going to come alongside her to coach her and help her figure out how to get started in this world, how to start building up her platform, and you’re going to be able to follow along week-by-week as she makes progress, learning together with her. I’m really excited for this new series, and we are going to start releasing episodes on a much more regular basis, so make sure you tune in and subscribe!
Key Points From This Episode:
- An introduction to Valerie’s writing background and career.
- Reviewing Your First 1,000 Copies.
- Definition of marketing: creating long lasting connections and being relentlessly helpful.
- Flywheel marketing versus hamster wheel marketing.
- The importance of tracking the progress of your marketing strategy.
- How to determine which marketing tactics work best for you.
- Three problems every author must solve: outreach, content, and permission.
- Marketing strategies for fiction versus non-fiction authors.
- Author’s homework challenge for the week.